From: jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf Of Griffiths,
Steve
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 9:43 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Reading header levels in MS-Word

Annette,

If you mean headings rather than headers, Insert + F6 gives a list of
headings with the level of each at the end of it. Press Enter on one to jump
to it.

Or, press Insert + Z to turn quick keys on. Then use H to jump to a heading,
and JAWS will give the level. It's a bit like reading a web page - in quick
key mode you can't edit but you can use all the reading keys and single
letters to jump to various elements. Shift + H to jump to the previous
heading. Press Insert + Z again to turn quick keys off if you need to do any
editing. While quick keys is on, press Insert + H to get a list of
keystrokes which will start with all the quick keys.

Steve