I would suspect someone was playing about with things like screen savers and/or other power settings and ended up getting that showing in the tray.

You can likely get rid of it by right clicking or maybe left clicking and changing some setting or selection there.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Wes Derby" <ufofana...@gmail.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Saturday, February 07, 2009 12:41 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Checking the Status of a Laptop Battery

I don't know if this is a related issue, or if I should start a new thread, but...Sudeenly, right after Christmas, my desktop started showing something in the System Tray that says "On AC Power". I hadn't added any new hardware, and my wife and in-laws haven't admitted to any...But Christmas day this wasn't there. Dec. 26, it was. Is this the same sort of power info icon I'll be looking for once I get my laptop, and any idea what would suddenly make that appear on my desktop PC?