I installed NVDA just out of interest but whilst it was running the usual insert f4 to quit Jaws would not work so I had both running. Is the only way to actually use NVDA to uncheck the start Jaws with windows option? I am just looking at this out of interest and because I am hoping to teach people the computer with a charity UCanDoIT and some of them may use NVDA is it a free programme? Are there many keystrokes to learn? I was interested by the accent as it sounds very English but a little like a darlic.

Mandy.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Victor" <victor.gouv...@rogers.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Friday, April 10, 2009 11:55 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] I've killed jaws, good.

Hi Siobhan,

If you're able to, try to get NVDA onto your system, it'll give you the same
accessibility as Jaws, and allow you to affect a repair of it, if it's at
all possible.

I am going to try and send it over e-mail, but if I can't do it, I'll send a
link where you can download it.

If you have Skype, send me you're Skype I.D., or your MSN contact
information, and we'll see if we can't get you NVDA over those mediums.

Take care, and good luck.

Victor
Co-moderator
Blind Movie Buffs List
Guidedogs List

Visit the JAWS Users List home page at:
http://www.jaws-users.com
Visit the Blind Computing home page at:
http://www.blind-computing.com
Address for the list archives:
To post to this group, send email to
jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
jaws-users-list-le...@jaws-users.com
For help from Mailman with your account Put the word help in the subject or body of a blank message to:
jaws-users-list-requ...@jaws-users.com
jaws-users-list-ow...@jaws-users.com
If you wish to join the Blind Computing list send a blank email to the following address:
blind-computing-j...@jaws-users.com