Thanks very much. control A works well.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Lee" <brianl...@charter.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2009 1:54 AM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] folder options in vista

Hello John,

For some reason, Microsoft didn't include showing total size of a folder on the status bar in Vista like it was shown in XP. There are a couple things you can do. Perhaps the easiest is to select all while in the list of files and then read the status bar. It is an extra step and you have to be careful of course when selecting all files, but the status bar does give total folder size when you select all files, which you can do with CTRL+A. The other thing that can be done is to turn on the mouse tips in folder options. You can do this by opening the control panel and typing in "folder options" in the search box (without the quotes). Use tab key until you find the "folder options" choice and press enter key. Move to the view page of the dialog by using CTRL+Tab key. Use tab key into the list of options. use down arrow in the list to the "display file size information in folder tips" choice and make sure it is checked. use spacebar to check it if it isn't checked and then OK out of dialogs. While in the music folder bring up the JAWS configuration manager by using JAWS key with 6. Go into settings menu by using Alt+S and arrow down to verbosity settings. Press enter key to open the verbosity settings. Tab to the beginner settings and press enter key. In the list of options use end key to move to the bottom of the list. Use spacebar on the choice for announcing tool tips. Tab to and use apply or OK button until out of the dialog box. Use CTRL+S to save changes. When this is done you will hear the tool tips as you move over subfolders in the music folder. You will need to use backspace and arrow up or down across the music folder to hear its size. However, when you open the music folder you should hear folder size for the subfolders and files as you move up and down the list with arrow keys. Sometimes after moving on to an item with the arrow keys there is a slight delay until the tooltip is spoken.

Take care.

    Brian Lee
brianl...@charter.net
----- Original Message ----- From: "john" <frei...@295.ca>