I just visited this web page using JAWS 9 and Firefox 3.5.5, and had no difficulty accessing the library catalog search edit field or combo box. Maybe the problem you are experiencing is caused by JAWS 11, which seems to be full of bugs.

Gerald
----- Original Message ----- From: "CrisMunoz54" <crismuno...@gmail.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2009 3:23 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] problem with webpage in firefox

Hello list,

I've been having difficulty with a certain webpage and its' accessibility
when viewing it through Mozilla Firefox. I was going to write FS tech
support about it, but before I did, I thought I'd ask others on the list if they could have a crack at it and see if they're able to have better success
than me.

It's pretty straight forward. The web address is:
http://www.rcpl.lib.ca.us/

It's the url to my local public library. When I visit it in IE8, there's a
combo box and edit field where one can exicute a search either by title or
author. However, when viewing the same page in Firefox, the combo box and
edit field aren't present at all. I've fiddled around with my various
Firefox add ons to make sure none of them were blocking anything that might
impeed the site from displaying properly, but the form fields still don't
appear.

I'm using JFW 11 and Firefox 3.55 and IE8.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Cristobal