Andy, just so you know. I am having the same trouble in windows live mail, and I have the latest update to jaws 11 as well, with a windows 7 64 bit machine. I wonder if that is the problem?
Jim

From: "Baracco, Andrew W" <andrew.bara...@va.gov>
Sent: Tuesday, December 08, 2009 8:17 AM
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Read to End With JAWS 11 and Outlook 2007

I am using the latest build of JAWS 11 with MS Outlook 2007. In
verbosity, JAWS is set to read messages automatically when a message is
opened, but with JAWS 11 the automatic reading seems to stop after a
number of messages have been read.  The number seems to be random.
Sometimes it's 10, sometimes 50.  The only cure seems to be to close and
restart both JAWS and Outlook. Is there anything else that I can try for
a more permanent fix?

Andy