To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 1:23 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Jaws loses focus with Desktop

Hi,

Just for your information, I am currently using the latest version of Jaws 11 and SP home.

I use ZoneAlarm firewall for my firewall protection even though it is not accessible with Jaws. The other day, I upgraded to the latest version of ZoneAlarm.

When I restarted my computer after the install, Jaws no longer reads my desktop . It somehow does not have focus. It was no problem with the previous version of ZoneAlarm.

My wife tells me that she can see the desktop on the monitor and I can route PC cursor to the Jaws cursor and read the desktop icons. I can also press window key+M to bring the desktop into focus.

Is there any settings or changes that I can make to bring the desktop into focus after restarting or rebooting?

By the way, the same thing happens when I Alt+F4 out of a program. The desktop icon should come back into focus, but the same thing happens like a restart. I also tried Jaws 10 with the same results. This may not be a Jaws problem, but it is annoying.

Many thanks in advance for any help to solve my problem. I don't want to have to make an extra key stroke to get the desktop into focus.

Lennie