You have to remove IE 8 from Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel to roll back to IE 7. Performing a System Restore without first removeing IE 8 will not work. You should restore your computer to the state it was in after IE 8 was installed, and then remove it using Add/Remove Programs. IE 8 will be listed under "Windows Internet Explorer". You cannot have two versions of IE installed at the same time, which is probably why you could not install IE 7 from aflash drive. There are third-party suites that contain all versions of IE, but my experience is that they don't work and may really screw up your computer. I am using IE 8 with JAWS 9 and XP Pro and have had no problems. Good luck.

Gerald
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dwight Johnson" <dwight...@comcast.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 6:49 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] IE8 & IE7

Hello:

I am using jaws9 and windows xp.  I downloaded I e 8 but it was not
compatible with jaws. So I restored the system to the previous day. Now I
e7 will not load.  I used a flash drive and downloaded I e 7 from another
computer and after loading it on my computer it will not load. My computer
acts as if the program is just not there.  Any suggestion and help will be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dwight Johnson