Hi. I use thunderbird my self, i've tried windows live mail and hated it. Thunderbird 2.0 works better than thunderbird 3 to be honest, in thunderbird 3, i'd recommend turning off tabs by default emails open in the same tab, you want them to open in a new window so you can close the window. I think its control w to close a tab. If i were you, i'd download thunderbird 2.0. its much more user friendly and less cluttered for speech users, i'm using very happily with jaws 11 and GMail. If you need any more tips, don't hesitate to get in touch either on or off list.
Mo.

lmch...@verizon.net wrote:
This is not going well. My new win 7 machine and email. First what program is
more jaws friendly to use? I will need both on the computer. One for me and the
other for my wife. I opened a message in thunderbird and can not close it and
finding addresses in live mail are quite a choir.
By having the two accounts in windows live all of the settings that I want also
apply to my wife such as signature. It only took me about 20 minutes to put
this email together, trying to get the correct address.
---
Please visit my home page, it is motivational, educational, inspirational with
a touch of humor. There is also a very extensive resource list for the blind.
http://www.LennyMcHugh.com