From: jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf Of Mobeen Iqbal
Sent: 16. august 2010 13:52
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] net books

Hi Kathy. Its an interesting point really. Not having bought a recent netbook with windows7 starter on there, i can't varify if indeed it is 64 bit or not. If you have someone sited rightclick on the computer icon in the start menu and go to properties, it'll tell you if your system is 64bit. I don't remember ever seeing that the windows7 supplied on netbooks was 64bit, but i could be totally wrong on this point. You have 2 options if it is 64bit. The first is to downgrade it to windows xp, i've done this in the past with netbooks and it can generally be done, the second option is to have the PC retailer downgrade it to windows7 32bit for you which they will do free of charge as far as i know, just explain to them that you're visually impaired and that you require 32bit for jaws compatibility, its not worth you paying the extra for 64 bit. personally as i said i don't think it is 64bit, but feel free to let me know the outcome!
Mo.

Kathy Pingstock wrote:
Good morning,

My husband bought me a tashebia net book, the best buy saleman said all
new
net books are 64 bits  I have a license for a standard jaws 32 bit, I am
assuming my current jaws will not work in it, what can I do?

Kathy