Why not just add Alt text to the graphic?

Thanks,
Kurt

-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf Of BDM
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 4:13 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Balloon hot key

What I am trying to read is not a link. It is a cartoon strip, a
graphic which an artist friend of mine has described for blind folks.
He has to work within the parameters of the hosting company right
now. Basically it is a balloon that pops up when the mouse pointer is
over the graphic. I can read it if I find the graphic, route the Jaws
cursor to the PC cursor, arrow up once and down again and it will
read the first line of the balloon and that is it. If at that point I
use INSERT B to read a dialog box, it will read the entire thing but
not before reading everything on the screen first. So I'm looking how
I can read it with one hot key. If not he'll be trying something
different down the road to make it accessible. His link is:

http://tinyurl.com/2bmuras

Press G until you hear "graphic small town values" and then the name
of that day's cartoon.

Brad

At 06:48 AM 8/17/2010, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I think the correct term for this in JAWS parlance as well is an
>OnMouseover element, which may be a link.  On a desktop,press
>ctrl+JAWS+enter to activate it.  Sometimes these OnMouseovers don't
>reveal any extra text, having been put there by the designer for
>goodness knows what.
>
>----- Original Message ----- From: "BDM" <li...@braddunsemusic.com>

Brad Dunse

Unforgiveness is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person
to die

E Mail: b...@braddunsemusic.com

Website: http://www.braddunsemusic.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1464323555