I just bought a 64 bit Compact, And glad I did. All my old programs, so far work on it. The only problem I had so far, was I loaded JAWS from the J 11 CD and the program would go into demo mode when ever. Than I downloaded the updates for J 11 and the same thing happen. un-installed J 11 and downloaded the 64 bit from the F S site and haven't had that problem since. No, I did not need to activate Jaws again, for some reason the key was still on the computer.
RJ

----- Original Message ----- From: "rich" <rcha...@bellsouth.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2010 9:47 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] 32 vs. 64 bit

Hi all.
If I buy a new computer, would it be better to get a 64 bit than a 32 bit one?

I try to hold on to things for as long as possible and would rather be prepared for future growth, and not have to upgrade in a yearr or so.

What considerations are there. For example, can I transfer all of my programs and info from my old , 32 bit computer to a new64 bit one?

If all things will be 64 bit in the future, wouldn't it make sense to upgrade to that system now?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Rich