Susie Q,

If you press shift and enter, it will give you a new line without the number. when you are ready to continue numbering, press enter.

Kathy
----- Original Message ----- From: "susie Q" <susi...@cogeco.ca>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 25, 2010 8:42 AM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] turning automatic numbering off in word 2003?

Hi can some one please tell me, how do I turn automatic numbering off in
word? I am using word 2003, and I am doing an assignment that I have to
number things, but need to use the enter key between questions and answers, and every time I hit enter, it places the next number in front of the line I
need thanks susie