If you are asking about yahoo instant Messenger, depending on your version of jaws, scripts are included for it. You will need to find a version of Yahoo IM that works with your version of jaws or will need to find updated scripts. I don't know if yahoo IM supports group chats and if so, if this feature is supported by jaws.

If you are referring to some chat feature somewhere on the yahoo.com website, I am not sure about that. Oftentimes webgbased chat is not or not easily accessible.

AS for accessible voice chat sites frequented by the blind, there are many choices and different personal preferences. I have taken the below list from the afore-mentioned vipconduit's "items of interst" section:

audio-tips:

http://www.audio-tips.com/

Fantasy Ltd:

http://www.fantasyltd.com/

For the people:

http://www.for-the-people.com/

In the Blind Spot

http://www.intheblindspot.com/

Interactive Christian Community (all-Christian chat site)

http://www.iccsite.com/

New Visions Network

http://new-visions-network.com/

Out of Sight

http://www.out-of-sight.net/

The accessible Friends Network  (based in the U.K.)

http://www.tafn.org.uk/

Most of the above chat sites use the tc5 chat client from talking Communities; "for the people" uses the chatterbox chat client", and vipconduit and tafn use the VIPCommunicator chat client.

all of these chat clients can be used by the blind and work in much the same way as they employ a "push to talk" system by which one speaker at a time can talk while holding down a specified key on the keyboard, most often the control key.

hth

Doris