Thank you Mike for helping me with this annoying problem.
It worked gurhrhrhrhrhhrhrhrhhrhrhrhrhhrrhrhhrhr ate
Patti

Hi Patti;

Below are 2 different things to stop Jaws from saying that superscript crap.

Open the Microsoft Word Configuration Manager. Use Insert with F2 to bring up the list of managers and then press C until you get to the Configuration Manager. Press enter to open the Microsoft Word.JCF file. Press Alt with S
to bring up the settings menu and then use the down arrow key to find the
"Text processing" choice and press the enter key.  In the resultant dialog
box use the tab key until you get to the "enhanced edit support" checkbox
and press spacebar to uncheck the box.  Use the tab key to move to the OK
button and press enter. Use CTRL-S to save changes and close the Microsoft
Word.JCF file.

The above should stop JAWS from announcing the superscript and subscript
text attributes.  The enhanced edit mode is checked by default in the
Microsoft Word.JCF settings but not in the Default.JCF.

If you don't want Word to use the superscript then you can also do the
following:  (this is for Word 2003).

1.  Open the tools menu with Alt-T.
2.  Use the up arrow key to move to the "AutoCorrect options" menu choice
and press enter.
3.  Use your tab key to move to the page tabs and then use the right arrow
key to move to the "auto format as you type" page.
4.  Use the tab key to move into a list of choices.
5. Use down arrow key to move to the "ordinals with superscript" choice and
uncheck it by using the spacebar.
6.  Use the tab key to move to the OK button and press spacebar.

The above is only if you want to change the way Word replaces ordinals with
the superscript attribute.

Hope this helps.  Take care.
Mike

----- Original Message ----- From: "Candy Lowe" <candysi...@gmail.com>