In the process of revitalizing Janet's computer I installed JAWS version 11
along with the update. This is an Acer running XP Home.

The hard drive was replaced and the contents of the old one dumped onto the new
one.

Most things seem to be as they were however when composing a message the edit
screen doesn't talk. You hear typing but looking back indicates an empty
screen. The Subject line is there and talks.

Reverting to Jaws 7 and it all talks fine. JAWS+Q tells me it has loaded the
correct configuration.

In the options menu of Outlook Distress I selected Aerial 12 point just because
that is what I usually select but when I ask for the font (JAWS+F) it announces
Times New Roman.

Seems to me I have seen similar issues reported here in the past, anyway can
anyone tell me how to see what is or at least should be in the edit pane while
composing a message?

Thanks for any assistance with this matter.

Dale Leavens.

jaws-users-list-ow...@jaws-users.com