From: "Janie Degenshein" <jdege...@comcast.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2011 2:38 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] "on mouse over" on a web page

Found this and hope it helps:
Mouse Over Effects
HTML allows the author of a page to set an OnMouseOver
attribute for most
HTML elements to run specified code such as JavaScript or
Visual Basic
Script when the mouse pointer is moved over the HTML
element. Often this is
used to momentarily display text, graphics, or links. JAWS
now recognizes
the OnMouseOver attribute, and if it is set to display text
or links as part
of the page, JAWS provides access to that information. Press
INSERT+CTRL+ENTER to simulate moving the mouse pointer over
the element at
the Virtual Cursor location. If the mouse over event caused
some part of the
page to change, JAWS announces the line where the change
occurred. To review
the new content, you can press J to perform the Jump To Line
command. Enter
the number of the line that changed and press ENTER to move
directly to that
line. You can press SHIFT+J at any time to return to your
previous location
on the page.
By default, JAWS announces when an HTML element has a mouse
over effect. If
you want JAWS to ignore the OnMouseOver attribute, do the
following:
1.    Press INSERT+F2, select "Configuration Manager," and
press ENTER.
2.    From the Set Options menu, choose Speech and Sounds
Manager.
3.    In the Select Scheme list, choose "Classic."
4.    Press ALT+E to edit this scheme.
5.    Press CTRL+TAB until you move to the HTML tab, and
then use the arrow
keys to select "onmouseover."
6.    Press ALT+I to select the Ignore radio button.

Keep Smiling,
Janie Degenshein

Access Tech Consultant
Facilitator of ECHO