Hello,

Here are a couple things that you might need to do.

The first thing is to allow the Microsoft antimalware service to interact
with the desktop.  The second thing is to set to icon to always show in the
notification area.

Setting the service to interact with the desktop:

1.       Use Windows key and type services.msc in the search box.  Wait for
services to open, but you might need to use Alt+tab to move into the
services window if JAWS loses focus.

2.       The focus should be in the tree view structure.  Press tab key to
move to the list of services.

3.       Press the letter M until you get to the Microsoft antimalware
service.

4.       Bring up the properties by using Alt+enter key or by pressing the
application key and choosing properties from the menu.  Focus will be in the
general page of the properties.

5.       Use CTRL+tab key to move to the "Log on" page.

6.       Use tab key to find a checkbox that says "allow service to interact
with desktop" and check it with spacebar if it is not checked.

7.       Use tab key and press spacebar or enter key on the Apply button if
there is one or on the OK button.

8.       Close the services by using Alt+f4.

The icon should show up in your notification area after doing those steps.

Allowing the icon to always show in the notification area

1.       Use Windows key with B to move to the notification area.  If you
hear "notification shevron button" then press spacebar.

2.       Use the up arrow key to the "customize" menu choice and press enter
key.

3.       Use tab key until you hear "Microsoft Security Client user
interface."  Use up or down arrow keys and select the choice for "show icon
for notifications", although, it might be the first choice.

4.       Use tab key to the OK button and press spacebar to accept the
choice.

Take care.

Brian Lee

brianl...@charter.net