Any other problems? If not, then you could do a system Restore to a point in time before the Winamp problems started to happen. (Start nenu, Accessories, System Tools, system restore. Follow the dialogues there.)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ronnie B202" <ronnie.b...@gmail.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2011 10:32 AM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Winamp is giving me the silent treatment...

Hi listers,
I'm having a problem with Winamp, I can't find the version, as usual
menus have been removed, or hidden. It seems like it's been updated
without my agreement. The main problem is out of the blue, it stopped
outputting audio, as if it is in mute mode, or something similar. I
was just browsing through a folder listening to a few mp3's, and it
just stopped playing the audio, though, it is playing the track, but
no audio is produced.

Jaws reads the track times, so I know it's playing, and I played the
same tracks in Windows Media Player, with no problem. I wasn't even in
winamp when this problem happened, I was in a folder, and winamp was
minamized, so I don't know how I changed any settings.

I'm running JFW 8, and Xp, and I generally avoid app updates, as my
old version of Jaws makes more things less accessible.

Please let me know how to 'unmute', or undo what I did, or what the PC
did without my permition. TIA!
Ron

jaws-users-list-ow...@jaws-users.com

jaws-users-list-ow...@jaws-users.com