I can not speak about thunderbird. However, to save an attachment using WLM I open the message, hit alt f and the first menu choice is "save" with a submenu that after you right arrow there you can down arrow and you will see save attachments you will be able to enter on that to see your attachment.

-----Original Message----- From: Lenny McHugh
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 3:18 AM
To: JFW List
Subject: [JAWS-Users] saving attachments

Using windows 7 home and latest jaws 12 how do you save an attachment in wlm or thunderbird. In wlm I can only open the file and can not locate where to save with thunderbird. My wife has a thunderbird account and I have been toying with it.
---
Please visit my home page, it is motivational, educational, inspirational with a touch of humor. There is also a very extensive resource list for the blind.
http://www.LennyMcHugh.com