Firefox 4 is still unsupported by Jaws.
http://www.sightandsound.co.uk/?p=1006

On 20/05/2011 15:39, Shane Hecker wrote:
I haven't tried this with Firefox, but I have the application mode thing come up as well. Go to www.lowes.com with ie8 and see what happens. If you really want to see the system mess up, go to www.verison.com with Firefox.

Shane

On 5/19/2011 8:35 PM, austin pinto wrote:
ya even i am faceing the same problem but in my case firefox doesnt crash
but jfw responds very slowly
if i press the down errow key it speaks in something like 10secs
has any1 tried google crome does it support jaws
its fast and can b an ulternative to firefox

On 5/20/11, DJ<grou...@gmail.com>  wrote:
I was having the same problem in Firefox 4 and JAWS11 on Windows7.  It
didn't matter which page I was on. Sometimes FF would crash immediately,
and sometimes it would wait 3 or 4 minutes before crashing.  I finally
uninstalled Firefox 4 and went back to version 3.  All is well now.

-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf Of CrisMunoz54
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2011 3:51 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Major JFW 12 problems with Firefox

Hello list,

I have been having all sorts of trouble with Firefox and the latest Jaws 12 release. In particular the Google Reader page. I wanted to share what I'm experiencing and see if it may just be an issue with my machine or if others
are dealing with the same problems.

I have Google Reader as one of my homepages and when I launch Firefox, Jaws always behaves as though the virtual cursor is turned off. In fact, Jaws will say "Application Mode On". In order to get Jaws to work properly, I have to do an insert+z keystroke command and then Jaws will say "Application Mode off". I'll then be able to go around the page with no problems. This particular issue only started when upgrading the Firefox 4.0 and is still present with the latest Firefox 4.0.1 update. If while in Firefox and I go back to my Google Reader page, either by clicking on the Reader link from another Google site or through my saved bookmark at least 70% of the time,
the "Application Mode On" issue comes up.

I have noticed a marked increase of instances of Mozilla crashing with this latest Jaws release as well. Again, it happns most often while on the Google Reader page and while in Firefox in general. Either when I go to the Google Reader page, close a link that I had opened from Google Reader or simply by just having the page open or refreshing the page with the insert+escape key command. Upwards of 10 times a day. It would happen every now and then with
the earlier versions of Jaws 12, but it has become a constant with the
latest JFW rlease. I at first thought it was an issue with Firefox or
perhaps a rogue add-on, but I have tried disabling add-ons and plug-ins and Firefox was still crashing left and right. When I use an older version of
Jaws (11.0)

however, Firefox not only never crashes, but the over all responsiveness of the browser and JFW feel over all snappier and better. With JFW 12, using the browser had become painfully slow either through regular navigating from page to page as well as when trying to refresh a page. Seconds would go by before Jaws would be able to speak. Not to mention the crashing problem.
Jaws would outright crash much more frequently too.

I don't experience the browser crashing issue in IE8, but the over all sluggishness with JFW 12 is present along with using other applications. I at first thought that I had been infected with a virus or other malware, but with the older version of 11.0, my computer is much, much more responsive.

I do however experience the "Application Mode On" issue with JFW 11.0 as
well. So maybe it's a Firefox 4.0 thing in regards to this.

  There are a couple of other problems, but the ones above are what are
giving me the most problems. Is anyone else experiencing any of these
problems or have any ideas on what may be causing it?

Like I said, when using JFW 11.0, a lot of what I mentioned above doesn't happen. All my antivirus and malware stuff is up to date. I was going to shoot an email off to Freedom Scientific, but wanted to get feedback from
other Jaws users as well. This is the first time a new Jaws release has
given me this much trouble since I don't know when and want to be sure it's
perhaps not something on my end.

  Thanks,

  Cristobal