many thanks for the clarification. couldn't the OCR Drivers file be made available for download separately? occasionally i find my self in a position where i'm installing a jaws demo for someone and they don't necessarily have access to an internet connection. my appologies in advance if these questions are already being addressed on the website... video intercept was made available separately and i found this very useful when showing people how jaws from a pen drive worked.

Mo.

On 16/09/2011 14:37, Eric Damery wrote:
That is the OCR piece. When you install JAWS 13, it will look to see if
the OCR engine we are providing with this version, is installed. If it
has not yet, we look at the User Temporary Folder where will store it in
the invent you need to reinstall later, if it is found in one of these
locations, the install proceeds without the need to download it. Since
this is the first time you have installed JAWS 13, it is having to reach
out and download it. The file is about 70 MB.

Regards,
Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf Of David
Ferrin
Sent: Friday, September 16, 2011 8:47 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] do you still hear the clicks when install
hangs

It didn't take much longer here than any other version but I did notice
it downloading something from the net much like Skype does during the
installation process and the file is quite large to begin with as well.
David Ferrin
Most people don't know what they're doing and a lot of them are really
good at it.