Hello Greg,

Most times, ranges of cells that are hidden are entire rows or columns.
However, individual cells or ranges can be hidden as well.  First of all, to
unhide rows simply select the entire row and use the keystroke CTRL+Shift+9.
To unhide a column, select the columns to the left or right of the hidden
column or columns and then use CTRL+Shift+0.

In order to hide a single cell, move focus to it.  Use the Go To command to
select a range of cells to hide.  You can divide the ranges with commas and
no spaces to select more than one range at a time.  After doing so, you can
hide the cell or cells by using CTRL+1 to bring up the format cells dialog
box.  Move to the number tab and use tab key to the categories.  Use down
arrow or press C until "Custom" is selected.  Tab once to an edit combo box
and type in three semicolons without spaces.  Tab to OK and press enter key.
To unhide the cell or cells either move to the cell or cells that were
hidden in this manner, go back into the format cells dialog and the number
page and switch the category back to the way it was before changing to the
custom selection.

There are other methods for hiding cells such as making the cells white on
white, but some printers still print them that way.

Take care.

Brian Lee
brianl...@charter.net