Hi,`

Thanks for the suggestion. I will give that a try the next time it happens. To be honest, I thought that I tried that and it didn't make any difference. Maybe I didn't do the procedure correctly. I will however try that again.

Take care.

Lennie
At 08:44 PM 2/17/2012, you wrote:
hi Lennie, I've never had Jaws freeze after a hibernation wake up. However, sometimes, jaws will freeze and can't be brought back sometimes. What I do sometimes is, as long as I can get Nvda to start, I will go to the task manager with control shift escape, then control tabbing until I get to the processes tab, once in the processes tab, tab once, and you should see a list of apps that are running. hit the letter J and see if you see something like, jfw.exe. That's Jaws that is running in the background. tab a couple times until you see something like end task button. his the spacebar and tab again to hit end task button a second time. that is the confirmation to shut down a program. once you hit end task button a second time, close the task manager with alt f4 and then try turning jaws on again. Sometimes this works for me if Jaws gets stuck in the background.
Let me know if you have any problems and I'll try my best to help.

Have a nice day.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lennie" <lenni...@mchsi.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2012 2:59 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Jaws not talking after hibernation

Hi,

I think that I have a problem that does not occur all the time. I am using Jaws12, window XP.

I usually shut off my desktop computer by putting it in hibernation. I have been doing this for as long as I have XP operating system.

However, lately when I come out of hibernation, Jaws does not respond. This does not happen all the time, but when it does, it is disconcerting.

I start NV DA to try to figure out what is going on, but no luck. I had my wife look at the monitor and nothing stands out.

I tried to kill Jaws with jawsKey+WindowKey+F4 (is that the correct shortcut to kill Jaws) and I use my shortcut key to start Jaws, but nothing happens.

So using NV DA, I restart my computer and as it is starting to shutdown, Jaws suddenly wakes up! By then it is too late and I have to wait for Jaws to come back when the computer is restarted.

Is there anything that I can do to get around this problem after I come out of hibernation? Any suggestions or ideas will greatly be appreciated. I don't want to have to do a complete shutdown each time I get off my computer and keep doing restarts.

Thanks in advance and take care.

Lennie