You may also need to press the spacebar on the desired account before typing
if there are multiple accounts.

-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf Of Steve
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2012 12:08 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Windows 7 login glitch

Sometimes, you may need to tab or shift-tab.  It might be in the listing of
accounts when you try to type in your password.

Jaws will say Logging on a second time, presumably because once you enter
the password, Windows will load your personal user profile and you have Jaws
set to talk at the startup screen and also when you start your profile.

Jaws performs equally well whether UAK is set to 0 or 67%, which is the
default.  The UAK will often give dialogs if you try to run programs or
install a new program.  Sometimes, the dialog may be covered up, but you
would press alt-Y to run or alt-N to deny the program access.

Some people elect to turn off UAK to avoid these annoyances.  However, UAK
does isolate the operating sytem and your browsing from the effects of
malware which could run much more easily in XP.

I do a bit of tech work and recommend my clients keep UAK on, at least at
the 33% level.  Even though I am technically competent, run an anti-virus
program, a malware program, a software and hardware firewall, I also elect
to run UAK on my own Win 7 PC.  I know others who think that is overkill, so
if you choose to keep it off, that is your decision.
Take my advice, I don't use it anyway.

Steve
Lansing, MI