ok I tried the sugestion, and with jaws 13, it does not work! but will look into it for you some more

-----Original Message----- From: Ronnie B202
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2012 1:04 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] very basic Q about how to adjust jaws reading rate while in another app TIA!

Using jaws 8, how can I control the speed of jaws reading, while in
another program like notepad? Plus I'm trying to help someone with the
same problem,  with a higher version of jaws (she doesnt know
version), and jaws is not on her task bar or system tray like in my
version, so I can't even get into the jaws app window.

We're both using desktops, mine xp hers win 7. I can get the verbosity
menu by pushing jaws V, but I can't find anything RE speech rate
there.

Thanks in advance for any help here.

Ronnie