From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Dan Rossi
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 9:33 AM
To: JAWS Users
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Zoom in IE, and can I see everything.

Maybe I am missing something.  Here is an interesting little issue I've
recently stumbled across.  I wonder if I've been missing a lot of stuff over
the years.

I was attempting to do some work via a web site.  My coworkers told me to
click on some link.  No matter what, I could not find that link anywhere on
the page.  I had a sighted coworker take a look at my screen and they
confirmed the link was not there.  They showed me the section where it
should be but I only saw about four links in that section, and they had
maybe 8.

I went to view, then zoom, and I moved it from 100% to 75% and suddenly more
links appeared in that section.  I moved it from 75% to 50% and suddenly,
all the links, including the one I was trying to find, appeared.

Now, should I always keep my zoom setting to the minimum?  How do I even
know when I am not seeing everything that should be there?

As another little issue, seems like in HTML 5, objects that are clickable do
not announce as being such.  So, sometimes I am struggling to figure out how
to find some piece of information, only to have a coworker to tell me to
click on something that just appears as a piece of text to me.  It doesn't
say, link, doesn't say mouse-over, nothing, it is just text.  Am I supposed
to click on every word on a page now?

--
Blue skies.
Dan Rossi