Check your power settings, because it looks like your going into sleep mode and jaws don't act right in that mode with some types of computers.

At 01:34 PM 3/14/2013, you wrote:
I have a HP laptop 32 bit windows seven with jaws v13 which is about six years old. I think that might be the major problem itself. (smile) However, the computer works well as long as I am doing something on it. But, if I leave the computer for more than two hours or more without accessing anything the computer becomes very sluggish to the point it freezes and I have to do a hard reset with the power button. What I mean by very sluggish is the arrow keys in a list of emails might take two minutes or more to go to the next message, or alt tab might take a long time to switch between programs. As for jaws the Braille display shows information about a minute or more before I get speech. Having know programs open and just sitting at the desktop and then trying to access something doesn't resolve the sluggish issue. So, when I do the hard reset and reboot the computer the computer will act normally. I am typing this email with no issues but I bet if I went away from the computer and tried to continue typing this email in about two hours it would be a sluggish painstaking disaster. Let me list some things I have tried and if anyone can add some additional task I should consider let me know. Below is a list of stuff I have tried too resolve the issue.

1. Did a full (MSE) virus scan. No threats were detected.
2. Did a full malware scan. No issues were found.
3. Defrag showed know issues.
4. Checked disk for errors. Its set to correct any known issues after the scan. 5. Did a system restore when the computer appeared to work normally. this did not correct the problem. 6. Yelled and cursed at the computer and the dern thing just ignored me. (smile)