Hi list:

Using a new USB headset with a mich, I ran into an unusual problem.

I have Jaws coming out of my system sound card on the desktop speakers, I have
windows sounds and music coming out of my USB Bose speakers, and I was using
the USB headset to talk on Skype.

All the sudden Jaws went to my USB headset and I got a message saying, you have
exceeded the USB bandwidth or something like that.

So, what I did was unplug the USB wireless transmitter and then I plugged it
into a different USB port on the back of my computer, everything works fine now.

Two questions?

1. Why did I get that message about exceeding the USB bandwidth?

2. When using the USB wireless headset, should I make it my default sound card
so all the windows sounds, music, and phone calls go to it and leave my USB
Bose speakers out of the mix at that point and just leave jaws go through the
system sound card like it is now?.

Here is my current set up right now.

Running windows 7 64 bit, quad core processor 3.6 ghz's. Jaws 14 latest.

The system sound card has Jaws by itself.

The USB Bose speakers are my default speakers with the windows sounds and music
on them.

the USB wireless headset is only going to be used when using GW connect to talk
on Skype.

Over the long run will these USB sound cars tax my system or will I be ok?

Any help from those of you who have experience with using multiple sound cards
will be appreciated.

Like I said at the beginning, everything is working fine now.

thank you...

Jim

God bless...

You can reach me on skype at: