Hi:

been having this problem myself since upgrading to windows 7 and office 2007. Hopefully a repair will fix the situation.

DJ Reese

----- Original Message ----- > Brian, Ok I first located a file in my documents and opened it I then
launched word and entered a test line and alt f4 I was able to save the test file with no problems and as soon as it was saved the open document popped up. I tried to close word and the file in use message came up In the processes now there are two WinWord I ended the first event and was able to end word with alt f4. Thanks for your help, it is a pain but better than the forced restart of the machine.