  From: abdulaziz dapilin
  To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
  Sent: Saturday, September 14, 2013 8:54 AM
  Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Stopping JAWS from speaking Windows
standardcommands.

  Thanks for the help Mike.

  Indeed, your instruction was helpful. Now I have the control to which
  keys are supposed to be muted and keys that should remain spoken.
  However, my major concern and desire to silent JAWS from saying
  keystrokes that use modifiers remains a big question. Yes modifiers
  such as control, windows key, and shift are present in the list for
  managing keys. However, I noticed that settings center don't allow
  Users to toggle the mute/speak state of these keys. As a result,
  standard commands that we do always use like Windows + M, Control + S,
  Windows + T & Windows + B were left spoken.

  If there is no way to silent these keys, it's okay. I will just be
  contented for the benefit and additional knowledge I gained from your
  tip.

  Thanks again and God bless.

  On 9/14/13, Mike B. <mb69ma...@charter.net> wrote:
  > Hi Abdulaziz,
  >
  >  Start with JAWS key F2.  Go down and open Settings Center.  If
  > you want this change to be universal, then do Control Shift D.  that
will
  > make it for the default.  Do an Alt S.  Then arrow down to Keyboard.
  > and press right arrow to open.  Arrow down to, Manage Key Labels.... &
press

  > the spacebar to open.  Note, do not press enter on Manage Key Labels,
you
  > need to press the spacebar.  If you press enter it will close the
Settings