Sounds as you had two of the same hot keys for two versions of Jaws.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Donnie Parrett" <deparr...@prtcnet.org>
To: "JAWS-Users" <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2013 12:23 AM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] JAWS Hot Key Is Working Now

Thanks to everyone who gave possible solutions to the restarting problem I
was having. I tried every one of them, but to no avail. I had JAWS 12, 13,
and 14 all installed on my computer.  Of course, I am using JAWS 14.  I
uninstalled JAWS 12 and for some unexplainable reason, I can now turn off
JAWS 14 and turn it back on with the hot key any time I want too.