IT sounded to me like he wanted a free program that's like DVD Audio Extractor.
Where it only does the audio either as PCM WAV, my favorite, MP3, yuck, Ogg
Vorvus, or FLAC.

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf
Of Kevin Lee
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 3:53 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] dvd ripper

HandBrake , I haven't tested the accessibility of the program but my friend who
has sight uses it 1. Download and install HandBrake. This open-source video
transcoder is free, and available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.

HandBrake is a free, user-friendly application that lets you rip DVDs to your
PC.

2. If you are looking to rip an encrypted DVD, grab a DVD decrypter such as
DVD43 to circumvent the built-in disc restrictions.

3. When you launch the HandBrake program, click the Source button and select
the DVD from the drop-down menu. HandBrake will then scan the disc for titles
to copy. This step can take some time, depending on how much data is on your
disc.

The Source selection menu.

4. When HandBrake has finished its scan, click the Title drop-down menu to
choose the section to copy. This step can involve a bit of trial and error;
generally speaking, though, if you want to rip the main movie, select the title
with the longest run time. Otherwise, you might end up with a rip of the
previews or the menu screen, but not the actual movie.

When in doubt, rip the longest title--that's most likely the actual movie, not
the trailers or special features.When in doubt, rip the longest title--that's
most likely the actual movie, not the trailers or special features.

5. Next, look at HandBrake’s preset menu on the right side. It has a list of
preset outputs for a slew of Apple devices (which tend to be finicky about the
kinds of movie files they'll play). If you don't intend to use any of the game
consoles or iOS devices included in the presets, you can manually arrange your
own settings by choosing Normal or High Profile.

6. The Video tab lets you fine-tune your project, and has some options that
will allow you to adjust the final quality of your movie. Just remember that
the higher the quality, the larger the file size. If your device is short on
storage space, try the Target Size option to have HandBrake rip to your storage
requirements.

7. You can tweak the audio quality under the Audio tab. Here you can select
different bit rates and Dolby processing, but the default settings are often
good enough.

8. If you are ripping more than one title, click Add to Queue; otherwise, click
Start, and watch the magic begin.

I believe this ripps both audio which you wand and also the video, not sure if
you can select either or.
if you decide to test it out I would appreciate knowing your findings if it is
accessible or not.