Good Mornin',

I need to know when in the system's tray it states, the audio device is not
running what that means and how do I fix it?

This is on a win/7 laptop with Jaws 13.

Today, I had a very very scarey incident happen when I turned on my laptop.
Jaws came up loud and clear, but I heard no windows sounds, that was the
weirdest thing to ever happen and I am just not sure why that happened.
I could not get to desktop, start menu, sys tray nothing. I felt the fan and
air flow and knew the laptop was on, but not any window sounds, then after a
few minutes like around 5 long enough for me to make coffee, the window's sound
finally came up but it wasn't very loud.
So I checked the system's tray, and this is where I usually find that message
stating, the audio device is not running, could that have any cause for
window's sound not to have made it's boot up chime?

Please help, now I am afraid to reboot or turn off!

Trish