Hello there!
I think you're unable to make difference between virtual pc cursor and
JAWS cursor so not getting what to use.

Okay, just try to figure out my words and you'll find it out very easy.

When you are working in any word document or just simply sitting on
your desktop, it is PC cursor with you to help you to navigate around
the window. but, when you are having some time to enjoy your facebook
account or gmail or may be twitter or anything else, you are surfing
the web. Here to perform all these tasks, Virtual PC cursor is
activated.
now imagine the situation where you are unable to read something with
the virtual pc cursor and that is still visible on the screen such as
url of the page, you can read such information by using JAWS cursor.
in fact, you can use JAWS cursor to read that information without
disturbing the focus of the virtual pc cursor.
It means, whatever is not in the reach of virtual PC cursor can be
located by the help of JAWS cursor. JAWS cursor is basically used to
grab some text which can not be located by any other cursor. After
finding any clickable element by JAWS cursor, we can also click it
using left mouse button.

***

I am not so much expert right now still I tried to explain in my words.

Hope it helps you to make your decision.

Thanks and regards:
Shyam