Hi Anna,

  I do think you can run the two programs at the same time. I have
Windows Defender on my laptop along with another Antivirus program,
and both seem to work without any conflicts. As for turning on Windows
Defender, I'm not entirely sure how to do this, but I'm sure that
someone else on here can probably help and correct me if I'm wrong
about these programs running together.

Nicholas