Hello to All,

I am 100% Blind, and live by myself; and I have a Dell Tower, Win7, 64 bit PC with Jaws 14; and I am trying to put WinAmp 5.6/5.66 on it.

Back on Friday, November 22, Y13; I tried using a link from an Email of this Support Group to do a download of the WinAmp 5.6 version; and I was going to follow the suggestion to Save the program first, before trying to do a run; and once that began, all of a sudden my Dell Tower locked up with some sort of a statement saying the following:

NPT this 64 bit XVC dll program can not run on Windows computer, go to System Administrator for help or call the software vendor; press OK. That is about the best I can do for presenting the statement i was confronted with. If I was to hit OK, Jaws was totally lost.

If I hit Alt tab; I would get a statement saying the following:
windows log on windows log on dialog use tab. And when tab is pressed, there is absolutely nothing thereafter.

I can only Alt tab, back and forth between those 2 Statements/lines.

The following week, the Dell Tower was taken to a Boundless Assistive Technology group, as I had been told over the phone that this was a Virus, that could only be corrected with the PC on site. Then, 3 days later I got the PC back, and all was fine; but then on Thursday, December 19, Y13; I tried to download and save the new WinAmp 5.66 upgrade that was on this Support Group's listing, and on another new support groups list, by either the owner, or one of it's moderators. I initialized the link and tried to Save, not Run the program once again,; and then, I received it exact same failure line as above; and the Dell Tower is totally locked up again, and it will have to go back in, to get this repetitive viral problem corrected.

Note; My sighted brother was on site when this 2nd lockup occurred; and he tried using the mouse and monitor, with absolutely No luck or corrective action. Has anyone else experienced such a similar situation with WinAmp downloads! Might anyone have any workable suggestions for this dilemma!

Any and all suggestions and information will be greatly appreciated.

Good Holiday Cheer!

Dooie
100% Blind USN Vet