Thank you so much for your most helpful post. It is much appreciated. I shall surely save it for future reference. Again, thank you for taking time from your busy day to take time to answer my query ----- Original Message ----- From: "John R Vaughn" <jrvaugh...@comcast.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Saturday, February 15, 2014 10:11 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Question about lap top jaws curser keys:

Angel,
First of all, be sure you have the jaws program set to use the laptop
keyboard and not the desktop.
You do this in the jaws menu, jaws key plus letter j,
Then o for options and B for basics and tab to the control for use keyboard
layout and down arrow to classic laptop and then tab to okay.

For the keyboard commands:
Go to jaws help,
Insert J,
Then h for help
Then down arrow to jaws keyboard command and right arrow on laptop keyboard Now do a F6 to go to the screen where you can read the information about the
various jaws laptop commands

You can highlight all the text and copy it to the clipboard and then paste
it into a word or word pad document for reference.
Also, with the laptop on, go to keyboard help
Jaws key plus number 1 on the numbers row and try using the jaws key plus
any other key combination to hear which key does what.
On my sony laptop, the insert or jaws key (second key in from the right on
the top row of the keyboard or just to the right of the pause key or two
keys to the right of the F11 key) is the jaws key as is the  cap lock key.
It may be different on your brand.
Below is a copy of the pages in jaws help for laptop commands, but there are
more and you can find them.
john
Laptop Keystrokes for Cursors and Mouse Simulation
Description Command
PC Cursor CAPS LOCK+SEMICOLON (press twice quickly if the Touch Cursor is
currently active)
JAWS Cursor CAPS LOCK+P
Invisible Cursor CAPS LOCK+P twice quickly
Touch Cursor SHIFT+CAPS LOCK+SEMICOLON
Route Touch Cursor to Focus Location CAPS LOCK+APOSTROPHE
Route PC Cursor to JAWS Cursor CAPS LOCK+APOSTROPHE
Route JAWS Cursor to PC Cursor CAPS LOCK+LEFT BRACKET
Restrict JAWS Cursor CAPS LOCK+R
Left Mouse Button CAPS LOCK+8
Right Mouse Button CAPS LOCK+9
Left Mouse Button Lock CTRL+WINDOWS Key+8
Right Mouse Button Lock CTRL+WINDOWS Key+9
Drag and Drop CAPS LOCK+SHIFT+8
Say Active Cursor ALT+DELETE
Mouse Down ALT+SHIFT+DOWN ARROW
Mouse Left ALT+SHIFT+LEFT ARROW
Mouse Right ALT+SHIFT+RIGHT ARROW
Mouse Up ALT+SHIFT+UP ARROW

Additional Notes

Back
  Next

Laptop Keystrokes for Reading Text and Information
Description Command
Say Prior Character CAPS LOCK+M
Say Next Character CAPS LOCK+PERIOD
Say Character CAPS LOCK+COMMA
Say Character Phonetically CAPS LOCK+COMMA twice quickly
Say Prior Word CAPS LOCK+J
Say Next Word CAPS LOCK+L
Say Word CAPS LOCK+K
Spell Word CAPS LOCK+K twice quickly
Say Prior Line CAPS LOCK+U
Say Next Line CAPS LOCK+O
Say Line CAPS LOCK+I
Spell Current Line CAPS LOCK+I twice quickly
Say Prior Sentence CAPS LOCK+Y
Say Next Sentence CAPS LOCK+N
Say Sentence CAPS LOCK+H
Say Prior Paragraph CAPS LOCK+CTRL+U
Say Next Paragraph CAPS LOCK+CTRL+O (Note: For Internet Explorer, this
command opens a list that shows the objects available on the current Web
page. The HTML Object tag embeds content such as Flash movies, JAVA applets,
images, audio, and video.)
Say Paragraph CAPS LOCK+CTRL+I
Say to Cursor CAPS LOCK+HOME or CAPS LOCK+SHIFT+J
Say from Cursor CAPS LOCK+PAGE UP or CAPS LOCK+SHIFT+L
Spell to Cursor CAPS LOCK+HOME or
CAPS LOCK+SHIFT+J twice quickly
Spell from Cursor CAPS LOCK+PAGE UP or
CAPS LOCK+SHIFT+L twice quickly
Say All CAPS LOCK+A or CAPS LOCK+DOWN ARROW
Say Selected Text CAPS LOCK+SHIFT+A or CAPS LOCK+SHIFT+DOWN ARROW
Say Color CAPS LOCK+5
Say Font CAPS LOCK+F
Say Top Line of Window CAPS LOCK+SHIFT+Y
Say Bottom Line of Window CAPS LOCK+SHIFT+N
Report Battery Level CAPS LOCK+SHIFT+B
Say ASCII or Hexadecimal Value CAPS LOCK+COMMA three times quickly
Say Current Table Cell ALT+SHIFT+COMMA
Move to Prior Table Cell ALT+SHIFT+M
Move to Next Table Cell ALT+SHIFT+PERIOD
Move Up One Table Cell ALT+SHIFT+Y
Move Down One Table Cell ALT+SHIFT+N
Start Skim Reading CTRL+CAPS LOCK+DOWN ARROW
Skim Reading dialog box CTRL+CAPS LOCK+SHIFT+DOWN ARROW

Additional Notes

See also:

JAWS Keystrokes for Reading Text

Navigation - Information Keystrokes

Windows Keystrokes for Working with Text

Back
  Next