This isn't a JAWS problem. It's caused by holding down a key for too long or by pressing one too many times in quick succession. I think you can change this behaviour in Settings, Keyboard, Layout tab. One way is to Change the key(s) to something else or None. .

----- Original Message ----- From: "anna vimini" <an...@etown.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2014 6:20 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] jaws 15

Hi all,
I am having a problem I accidentally pressed the wrong key and Jaws said setting key board layout and then after every key I would press it would say alt control or control tab when I pressed the tab key it was almost like the control key was stuck. so I tried turning jaws off and then turned it back on again and still the problem continued so I shut down the computer and then turned it back on again and everything worked right again. does anyone have any other suggestions what I can try the next time this happens?
I am using windows 8.0 and jaws 15
thanks in advance