Hi Allen:

I also have a Canon, (a MG5350), which also posed little problems with
printing, but only with scanning. This was because  the icons were graphical
and Jaws couldn't read them enough for me to figure out!
I am also using Jaws 15.

Here's a few basic steps to do a scan based on my memory at the moment:

1. Turn the Canon on.
 2. When it finishes its start up sequence with the cartridges, lift the top
lid from the front up and away from you.
3. Place the item to be scanned face down and sideways on the glass bed,
with the paper pushed up to the top left as you stand in front of the
printer.
4. Close the lid and return to the computer.
5. Go to the "Desktop", and locate the icon:
Canon MP Navigator EX 5.0
which should have been automatically installed during the installation.
6. Change Jaws Cursor to "Route Jaws to PC".
7. Enter on that icon, look for the line"Auto Scan".
I normally select that line with the shift key and right arrow).
8. At this stage, I generally change Jaws back to the PC Cursor. Follow the
steps to do the scan.
9. It will save the image in a folder (I think it is somethingt to do with
Scanned Images), but probably defaulted as a .pdf file.
If I seem hazy, that is because I renamed the folder to read Canon Scanned
Images.

Good luck.
Please feel free to contact me off List if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Colin Fell

(New Zealand)

Email: coli...@clear.net.nz