Hello Richard,
One item that you may want to try is logging in to the list enterface
with the email address that you are subscribed with and enabling the
option of receiving acknowledgement mail when you send an email to the
list.
To log in to this enterface visit the Jaws-Users list info page that
is linked to the frequently asked questions site that is in the footer
of each message received.  Next, type your email address in and the
subscription password that was used to subscribe and check the option
for receive acknowledgement mail from this list.
Hope that helps