because I am facing a similar issue. However, te given directions don't seem
to help because I don't really know which settings do I need to go to. The
text of treply is here:

Flor Lynch Tue, 08 Apr 2014 12:40:21 -0700

This isn't a JAWS problem. It's caused by holding down a key for too long or
by pressing one too many times in quick succession. I think you can change
this behaviour in Settings, Keyboard, Layout tab. One way is to Change the
key(s) to something else or None. .

----- Original Message ----- From: "anna vimini" <an...@etown.net>

To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>

Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2014 6:20 PM

Subject: [JAWS-Users] jaws 1

Hi all,

I am having a problem I accidentally pressed the wrong key and Jaws said
setting key board layout and then after every key I would press it would say
alt control or control tab when I pressed the tab key it was almost like the
control key was stuck. so I tried turning jaws off and then turned it back
on again and still the problem continued so I shut down the computer and
then turned it back on again and everything worked right again. does anyone
have any other suggestions what I can try the next time this happens?

Regards,

Bharat