In the meantime, I have pdf's that contain both text and inaccessible images of text on different pages in the same file. Thus, as the file is rather large as well, it doesn't mreally make sense to OCR the whole document: that, as I indicated, is a mix of images and text.

I'm using Adobe X Reader on windows7. How may I select just such a page, or pages, which could benefit from the COCR treatment? (I have been able only to get limited OCR results using the Adobe full screen (ctrl+l) feature, to display the one page and no other. now there may be an answer lurking somewhere in the Accessibility settings or the Reading panel... but, if anyone knows, pray point me there. TA.

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Ferrin" <ow...@jaws-users.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2014 4:10 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] the OCR component

Here is what I have come up with and I just spoke to Eric directly. Until he sent me the file demonstrated on the pod cast there were no non-accessible PDF files laying around here so I was testing it on what was available to
me.

In short I was trying to scan a file that didn't need to be scanned. Sounds
silly I know but a person works with what they have handy.

I just scanned the smart phone file which natively is not accessible, but after trying the enhanced OCR feature in 16 it reads perfectly. I think I will post it on the server so people can download it for testing purposes.

So the problem at this point is the error message which they will try to
reproduce.

Guess that's why we do betas so people like us can find little issues such
as this.
David Ferrin
A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have evolved from
a simpler system that worked perfectly.