Thanks, this is exactly what I am doing but it does not stick and there is no apply option as in prior versions of jaws. I wonder if anyone else has been successful in silencing blank with jaws 16?

regards

Graham

-----Original Message----- From: Mike B.
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2014 21:19
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [Bulk] Re: [JAWS-Users] Silencing blank

Hi Graham,

These steps are for Jaws versions prior to Jaws 16 but, give them a try.  I
don't have J16 installed so....

If you want nothing said instead of blank in all applications try the
following:

1. Open the Settings Center, press, control, shift, + D, to open Settings
Center default all applications.
2. Arrow down to, punctuation closed..., right arrow to open, down arrow to,
customize punctuation...., & press the spacebar to open.  Make sure you
press the spacebar to open & not enter. Pressing enter will close the
Settings Center.
3. Tab to the Advanced button & press spacebar to open.  The first item in
the list will be, blank, so tab 1 time to, edit description.... button, &
press the spacebar to open.  The word, blank, will be in this edit field.
Delete the word, blank, put a space with the spacebar, & press enter.
4. Tab to okay, press the spacebar, tab to okay, press the spacebar, tab to
apply, press the spacebar, tab to okay, press the spacebar to save your
changes & close the Settings Center.

If you don't want this in all applications, open the desired applications
individually & use the above steps in each application.  HTH
Take care.
Mike
This email was sent from my, iBarstool.

----- Original Message ----- From: Graham Smith