Hello Mike,

In Internet Explorer and in Google Chrome the CTRL key with 1-8 switches
between tabs or pages in the order that they were opened.  CTRL+9 goes to
the last tab opened.  These key combinations can have different purposes in
other programs.  For example, in Word CTRL+1 gives single spacing, CTRl+2
gives double spacing, etc.

Here is a link where IE key combinations are listed.  There is a Show All
link on the page that you can use.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/ie-keyboard-shortcuts#i
e=ie-11-win-7

Take care.