Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2014 6:59 AM
To: Jaws List
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Updating to Windows 8.1

Hi Everyone,

I am running the JAWS 16 beta with Windows 8.  I have not yet updated to
Windows 8.1.  I have nothing against Windows 8.1 but I'm doing fine with
Windows 8 and just haven seen the point.  You know, if it isn't broke, don't
fix it.  My computer has been occasionally asking me if I want to update but
now it has apparently gone ahead and downloaded the update but just hasn't
installed it because, every time I boot up the computer now, it asks me if I
want to update to 8.1 and restart.  I can't close the window but I've been
just leaving it in the background for the last couple days.  I'm thinking
about going ahead and updating just so the computer will leave me alone
about it.  Is there any disadvantage to updating?  Is anybody having any
significant problems with JAWS and Windows 8.1?

Thanks,

Scott Duck