Hey Vicky,
the presents of the External JAWS window is usually at the logon
screen in my experience. it says remote JAWS when I'm  at the afore
mentioned logon screen though. I would just log back in. what version
of JAWS and Windows are you running respectively? I'm running JAWS 16
with Windows 8.1 pro with media center via Bootcamp on my Mac.
Daniel