Mike, it is absolutely possible to manually update the definitions.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Boyd" <blindb...@comcast.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 04, 2015 12:16 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] is it possible to manually download
thevirusdefinition of vipre

I don't know of an anti virus software that will allow you to download their
virus definitions, then manually install them. These are sort of
confidential to these companies, and I do not believe they want people
having the definitions in the format of a file that may be used by their
competition.

Mike
blindb...@comcast.net