I have been advised to wait until Windows 10 is released, then get new JAWS. I was advised that I would not have to learn twice, as I'm currently crippling along with XP and JAWS 13. So that is my plan - Windows 10 and will wait until JAWS 17 is out before making purchases.

GIFT (God is forever true),

Carolyn

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Boyd" <mike....@comcast.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 26, 2015 11:34 AM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Getting new computer. Seeking input regardingsetupand potential JAWS issues.

Hi Chris,

Windows 10 will be released in the near future, late July or September depending on who you listen to, and both Windows 7 and 8.1 will be eligible for the free upgrade to Windows 10. According to Microsoft, this new release will reintroduce the old start menu back into Windows, and it will be similar to Windows 8 or 8.1 with the items which were removed from Windows 7 put back in. I would suggest that you do some reading on Windows 10 from the internet, then make your decision. Windows 8.1 does have a learning curve associated with it when moving from any prior operating system, but it can be overcome. However, if you do not have the desire nor time to put into making this change, then I would ssuggest that you stay with Windows 7 for now. Personally though, to me, one of the points of upgrading a computer is to also upgrade to the latest in software. I hope this helps you just a little.

Mike
mike....@comcast.net

-----Original Message----- From: Chris Murphy