Would the Scrol Lock key be of any uce in locking the keyboard?

Many thanks! Vicky

-----Original Message----- From: Mike Boyd
Sent: Friday, May 01, 2015 11:29 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Locking the keyboard?

It depends on who made the keyboard and the model of it. There are no
standards for different keyboards beyond the QWERTY set up and the number
key pad.

Mike,
mike....@comcast.net

-----Original Message----- From: Vicky Vaughan
Sent: Friday, May 01, 2015 1:14 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Locking the keyboard?

Hi List, I just got a new USB keyboard After testing it out a bit, I noticed
that it did not have a On Off switch.

This is a problem for me, since I place my keyboard down beside my chair.
When I pick it back up, sometimes, I press a key that does something I  don’t
want and this is very annoying!

Is there a way I can use a keyboard command to toggle the keyboard from
active to not and back again?

Many and sincere Thanks! Vicky